This trip is an excellent way to discover the beauty and excitement of the northern Mexico area. The highlight of this trip is the train-ride through the Copper Canyon, referred to as “The Train in the Sky”, and voted “Most Exciting Train Journey in the World.” Not only would you be able to explore this amazing canyon, but you would have the opportunity to experience the culture, traditions, and history of several colonial towns in Northern Mexico.
- Hermosillo – See the Cathedral and murals at the Government Palace
- San Carlos – Visit a cactus garden and fin dout mre aout these unique plants; cruise the Sea of Cortez on a private boat; visit a pearl farm and learn about cultured pearl farming
- Alamos – Walk through colonial Alamos with a local guide; visit beautifully restored Colonial mansions; meet the local Mayo indians and learn about their language an culture; enjoy a colorful folkloric show
- El Fuerte – Delight in a presentation of traditional Hispanic and Indigenous dances
- Copper Canyon Train – Ride the “Train in the Sky” into the vast Copper Canyon by private First Class rail car
- Posada Barrancas – Spend two nights at the Copper Canyon; walk on easy mountain paths along the canyon’s rim; meet the Tarahumara Indians and experience their timeless culture; visit with a local medicine man and learn about local natural remedies
- Casas Grandes – Watch the ancient craft of live pottery firing; visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Paquime
Journey Mexico is a full-service luxury travel company that provides authentic and unforgettable travel experiences throughout the Mexican republic. We specialize in tailor made itineraries that are customized to fit our guest’s interests. We are proud to provide Mexico’s finest properties, private villas, expert guides and unique transportation services including ground transport, charter planes, yachts and helicopters. In addition to the more established resort destinations of Cancun, the Riviera Maya, Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco and Los Cabos, we are specialists in Mexico’s lesser-visited cultural, archeological and wilderness destinations, including, Baja California, Copper Canyon, Oaxaca, the Colonial Heartland, the Yucatan Peninsula, the Pacific Coast and Chiapas. Guide-owned and operated, Journey Mexico has over 30 years of combined experience on the ground, and we take great pride in sharing the unique, authentic and unexpected travel experiences that Mexico offers. Our logistics and site knowledge are unmatched and our safety and operational standards are uncompromising as is our commitment to the environmental and cultural integrity of our great land and its people. We are a company built on a deep mission of service that spans from the sales process to the seamless service on the ground.
In addition, Journey Mexico is committed to environmentally responsible travel that promotes conservation, has low negative visitor impact, and provides for beneficially active socioeconomic involvement of local populations. We are convinced that travel can facilitate understanding and promote cooperation amongst all the participants from our clients to our guides to the gracious Mexican people. We look forward to welcoming you to Mexico soon!
Find Your Mexican Dream Trip: